Community is at the heart of the transformation of Whitehill & Bordon
The Whitehill & Bordon Community Trust is a new organisation working in partnership with residents, local authorities and community organisations to enhance the growing community. We will create and manage events and places for people that support active, healthy and social lifestyles promoting pride of place.
We do this by bringing people together to set the community’s vision for our town and through working in partnership with the Town and District Councils and the developers of the regeneration programme.
We are currently registering with the Charity Commission and our Objects are as follows:
- to relieve hardship for young people in the Area of Benefit by providing recreational and leisure time activities in the interest of social welfare and improving quality of life;
- to relieve hardship by providing assistance and advice through training, employment and enterprise opportunities for unemployed people and for those with financial or other charitable need in particular but not exclusively for young people in the Area of Benefit;
- to advance citizenship and community development by helping people living or working in the Area of Benefit develop the skills and ability to participate more fully in society;
- to relieve those in charitable need or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the condition of life of the said inhabitants by providing and managing facilities, activities and services for recreation and leisure purposes in order to improve health and wellbeing and social welfare;
- to further the participation in an understanding of arts, culture and heritage by providing and managing facilities, activities and services to improve education and quality of life; and
- to advance amateur sport by providing opportunities for sports and healthy lifestyle activities for public benefit.
The focus of the activity and delivery of the Community Trust is, therefore, to:
- Initiate, coordinate and deliver community development and cultural activities creating a thriving integrated community
- Own, maintain and effectively manage any endowed community land and buildings
- Bolster the cultural and artistic life in the town
- Promote healthy living through promotion of sporting activities
- Provide a range of activities for all ages through engagement with youths
- Foster entrepreneurship in the town especially for young people and those residents who find it difficult to access employment opportunities.
From the community. For the community